Launched in 1992, Uncle Chipps was a pioneer in branded potato chips in India.
The brand was acquired from Amrit Agro Ltd. in 2000 by Frito-Lay India. After the acquisition, the hugely popular brand has grown from strength to strength and has built a powerful connection with consumers. Uncle Chipps is warm, playful, lively, companionable and traditional at heart, just like the good-natured uncle everyone in the family relates to and no family gathering is complete without!
Quality StandardsThe production process begins on farms in select regions across India where the best potatoes are grown specifically for Frito-Lay to make great-tasting chips. Upon the potatoes’ arrival at plants, it can take as little as 24 hours for the chips to be made. Lay’s Chips are made using the following simple process:
- Wash – the potatoes are thoroughly bathed in water.
- Peel – next, we gently peel the skin off the potatoes, even as the flavour remains intact.
- Slice – the potatoes are thinly sliced and rinsed again to remove any remaining starch.
- Cook – the slices are cooked to a crispy crunch in edible vegetable oil.
- Season – finally, the chips are topped off with a mouthwatering sprinkle of salt or seasoning.
QUICK BRAND FACTS
- Uncle Chips was launched in 1992.
- Frito-Lay India took over Uncle Chipps in 2000.
- Pioneer in branded potato chips in India.